Senior System Engineer
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Remotely set up and maintain servers (mostly RHEL/CentOS, Debian), with custom software written mostly in Python, Perl, and PHP
- Audit and improve security, backups,reliability, monitoring (with Nagios , Gaphitte, Cacti, logstash etc.)
- Handling Technical or Infrastucture Projects being assigned.
- Automate provisioning with Puppet
- Write scripts to automate tasks (Bash)
- Support developers in day to day requests
- Release and deploy applications to the production environment
- Familiar with open source tools
- Understanding of source control systems (subversion and / or git)
- Understanding of physical hardware and ability to coordinate failed hardware replacements (Disk / RAM / CPU etc) managing and working with remote hands
- User access and security management , System Management, Assets management, Data Center Management, Incident Management, Release and Support Management, Documentations Management.
- System Performance Improvement and Monitoring.
- Assist in preparing/update/maintain SOP of IT operations.
- Daily reviews of monitoring tools and systems status and provide supports and investigations accordingly.
- Strong computer, analytical , organization skills.
- Need a technical problem solver, someone with positive , take charge attitudes.
- Professional experience with Linux system administration, networking, iptables, Apache, SSL, DNS, haproxy, load balancer etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Willing to work on call rotation (out of office hours and weekends)
- Working with remote teams / supervisors. Its essential to be good communicators and provide feedback / status updates
- Able to easily accept changes and new directions
- Ability to develop and maintain documentation
- Experience working with job tickets to drive all tasks
- Reviews and management of open task and incident tickets
- Daily reviews of monitoring tools and systems status
- Experience writing basic reports on system incidents, assets, etc.
- Experience with formal Incident Management processes (escalation handling, post-mortem reviews etc.)